Dizziness can be a difficult symptom to describe and can include:
- A sensation of movement or spinning of oneself or the external environment.
- Unsteadiness, with difficulty maintaining balance or walking in a straight line.
- A sense of light-headedness or feeling ‘faint’.
A vast range of conditions and diseases that can cause or contribute to dizziness include:
- Vestibular Disorders, (inner-ear problems)
- Persistent postural-perceptual dizziness
- Stress, depression or anxiety
- Cervical Spine Dysfunction
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Postural Hypotension
- Heart conditions
- Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia)
- Medications - many medications may have dizziness as a side effect
Melinda has over 15 years' experience as a Physiotherapist, she is a titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist and a specialist in Vestibular Rehabilitation.Read more
If you have symptoms of Dizzyness, Vertigo or Balance issues. Contact us today for an appointment.Read more